- Order your Linux VPS from ShockHosting
- Click on VPS at top of the page.
- On the slide bar, you can slide it back to the left to see the $4.99 plan. (If you are running one bot, then this plan is perfect)
Click on the red ORDER THIS VPS button on the right.
- Under hostname, you can enter any hostname you want. hostname.com is fine. If you have your own domain, you can enter pt.yourdomain.com or whatever hostname you want. You can get a free one from http://freedns.afraid.org/
- Under root password you can enter a password you will remember.
- Under Location, you can choose one of two US locations. It does not matter which one you choose.
- You do NOT need an extra IP
- Under OS select Ubuntu 16.04
- Click on the red Continue button.
Enter in your billing info that matched your credit card. Otherwise, you will get flagged for fraud.
- Under Promotional Code, enter in 25OFF. That will get you a 25% recurring discount on your VPS.
- Check off the box I have read and agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click on Checkout button and continue with the purchase. Using a credit card and your payment will be automatic.
- Shortly, you will get an email with your Linux VPS IP address, username and password.