Running Profit Trailer v2 on a Raspberry Pi3 is very and simple. This will save you on hosting fees, and you can host it at home or where ever has an internet connection.
What you will need…
- Raspberry Pi3
- Profit Trailer Software and Lic.
- A trading account on an exchange (such as Binance)
- Download and install Etcher
- Download DietPi
- Extract DietPi .img file
- Insert MicroSD card and use Etcher to Flash DietPi image to MicroSD card.
- Insert MicroSD card into Pi (assuming its built) and plug-in power source and LAN cable and power on.
- Log into your router and look for all connected devices. Search for DietPi and record the IP address it is using.
- Download SSH client such as Putty or Bitvise (I prefer Bitvise)
- Log into Pi/DietPi using root/dietpi and IP address you collected
- cd /var/opt
How to install Profit Trailer
- cd /var/opt
- mkdir pt
- cd pt
- wget https://github.com/taniman/profit-trailer/releases/download/2.2.0/ProfitTrailer-2.2.0.zip
- unzip -d *.zip
- apt install dirmngr -y
- apt-key adv –keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com –recv-key EEA14886
- nano /etc/apt/sources.list
(Add the 2 lines below to the end of the file
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu trusty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/webupd8team/java/ubuntu trusty main
- apt install oracle-java8-installer -y
- apt install oracle-java8-set-default -y
- curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x | sudo -E bash
- apt install -y nodejs
- chmod +x ProfitTrailer.jar
- pm2 start pm2-ProfitTrailer.json
(this command is to launch it but it will fail as you need to configure the file first)
You can do that here https://tradingbot.ca/how-to-configure-profit-trailer/v2