Bitvise is a fantastic program to connect to your VPS. It will open an SSH command window and also an SFTP window as well. This will allow you to access your files on your server very easily.
- Download Bitvise (Windows)
- Once finished, double-click on the file you downloaded to install it.
- Once installed you will see BitVise SSH Client on your desktop and/or in your Start Menu.
- In the Host field, type in the IP address of your server (If you have a hostname, you can use that)
- In the username field enter in root
- In the drop-down box for the Initial method, select password. The password field will appear and enter the password you were given from the VPS control panel.
- On the left click on Save profile as icon and save it in a place you will remember and give it a name you will remember
- Click on the login button, and then click on the Accept and Save button (Then it will not appear again)
- Two windows will appears. The black window is your terminal to type in commands, and the white window is your SFTP windows to easily access and edit files.
- To make things a little quicker in the future, on the main window, click on the SFTP tab. On the left side, you will see Remote and Download Settings. Under that, you will see Initial Directory. In that box enter /var/opt This will take you to the directory where Profit Trailer will be installed automatically each time. Under Local and Upload Settings, in the initial directory, you can set that one as well if you have one in mind. Then click Save profile on the left